By submitting an entry, contestant fully and unconditionally agrees to these Rules. Please read all rules carefully to avoid disqualification of your submitted image(s).
• Contest is only open to Tamron Users who are U.S. residents, at least eighteen (18).
• Employees and families of Tamron USA, Inc. and Tamron Retailers are not eligible.
• Only images taken with Tamron lenses are eligible.
• Entries must contain your name, address, category, and lens used.
• Missing info will result in disqualification and no email confirmation will be sent.
• Submitted images must contain EXIF data. Images without EXIF data are disqualified.
• Submitted image size less than 10MB
• Submitted images maximum of 3600px on the longest side
• Submitted images at 150-300 DPI preferred
• Submitted images in JPG or PNG format preferred
• No manipulation beyond color, brightness and contrast correction or conversion to black and white is permitted. If an image appears to be over-manipulated, the image will be disqualified. No HDR images are accepted.
• Images not conforming to a 3:2 or 2:3 aspect ratio will not be eligible. Square, Panorama and other aspect ratios not conforming to 3:2 or 2:3 aspect ratio will not be eligible.
• By entering, contestants certify that the photo(s) are their own original work and do not infringe on any third-party rights.
Images may be submitted from October 1, 2020 through 5pm EST on December 18, 2020.
HOW TO ENTER
• Submit up to a maximum five (5) images, one per category, taken with any Tamron lens.
• Email your images to email@example.com.
• You will receive an emailed confirmation of receipt.
• No mailed entries will be accepted.
• Tamron reserves the right to eliminate any inappropriate photo or any photo not taken with one of the specified lenses.
• The winning photos will be chosen based on originality and overall quality by our judging panel.
• Entrants are eligible to win only one time per contest period and therefore eligible to win only one prize.
• Neither the sponsor nor the judges will discuss or respond to any inquiries or comments regarding the appointment of judges or the contest results.
• All decisions are final.
• Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release, and grant of rights, and to submit all model and property releases required for publication and exhibition, as a condition of receiving the prize. If a potential winner fails to do so within seven (7) days of notification, he/she will forfeit the prize and another potential winner will be selected.
• Finalists will be contacted by email for high resolution images.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF & NOTIFICATION TO WINNERS
• Winners will be announced in January 2021 on Tamron Social Media (Facebook @TamronLensesUSA and Instagram @TamronUSA) and in Tamron Newsletter.
• Winners will be notified by email at time of announcement.
• Contestants will retain the rights to their photographs. However, by submitting an entry, each contestant grants Tamron USA, Inc. and its agents a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license in perpetuity to use, reproduce, edit, distribute, publish, adapt, broadcast, modify, make derivative works of and/or otherwise exploit in any manner the submitted photographs, in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to the contestant. Contestant warrants that the granting of this license and Tamron's exercise of it shall not violate any third-party rights.
• By entering, contestant understands that such use may include, without limitation, Tamron's compilation of the winning photos into a video to be distributed worldwide via retail chains and Tamron dealer marketing campaigns. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Tamron and its agents to use the winner's name, likeness, address (city and state), and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes (including in connection with use of the winning submission), worldwide, without further compensation.
RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By participating, contestant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent and related companies, and each such company's respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) technical or printing errors; (b) errors in the administration of the contest; or (c) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from contestant participation in the contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees.
Except where prohibited, you agree that any disputes, claims or causes of action arising out of the contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of New York. All issues concerning the contest and these Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. If any provision of these Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
Void where prohibited by law. Any tax on the prize is solely the winner's responsibility.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
||Number of Winners
||One (1) person
||One (1) $500 cash prize
One (1) any lens of choice
Featured in Tamron editorial content
||Total five (5) people — One (1) person from each of five (5) categories
||One (1) select lens of choice