Contact: Ichiro Kodaka
TAMRON ANNOUNCES NEW 180°-VIEW SECURITY CAMERA WITH FISH-EYE LENS
August 25, 2011, Commack, NY — Tamron Co., Ltd., a leading manufacturer of optical equipment, has released its new security camera, the Panorama Camera 180-View. Equipped with a fish-eye lens, this camera boasts a 180° horizontal angle of view and eliminates any blind spots.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CONCEPT
Even when equipped with a wide-angle lens, conventional security cameras tend to produce blind spots, thus multiple cameras are often required to ensure adequate coverage. Speed dome cameras are also problematic, as they do not allow instantaneous capture of the surveillance subject. Tamron's new Panorama Camera 180-View uses a fish-eye lens with a 180° horizontal angle of view to enable production of images with no blind spots using just one camera. Proprietary image processing technology is incorporated to correct distortions in the images taken, and the camera is also equipped with a variety of functions including electronic pan, tilt and zoom; presetting function and motion detection, to ensure accurate capture of the subject at hand. And through adoption of an integrated structure incorporating all elements from the lens to camera to software control system, the camera does not include any mechanical elements. This in turn results in superlative durability and reliability and helps reduce the time and effort required for maintenance.
Smaller and lighter than conventional cameras, and with attention paid also to exterior design, this advanced camera may be used in a variety of different settings.
With Panorama Camera 180-View, Tamron offers a new solution for various security situations, delivering the high resolution and precise software controls that only an optical equipment manufacturer can provide.
1. Fish-eye lens with 180° horizontal angle of view
• Use of a fish-eye lens achieves a horizontal angle of view of 180°.
• Equipped with 1.3 megapixel CMOS sensor.
2. Proprietary image processing technology
• Image processing technology developed by Tamron is used to correct in-camera any distortions found in the images taken with the fish-eye lens, to generate normalized flat-field images.
• With just the touch of a button, the electronic pan, tilt and zoom is activated to instantaneously enlarge the area selected and check the subject.
• Equipped with a motion detection function, which detects and zooms in on moving subjects.
3. Superior reliability
• The camera's superior reliability is due to the mechanics-free construction of the pan, tilt and zoom system. This also ensures that no maintenance is required after installation, and dramatically improves durability compared with regular speed dome cameras.
The number of components has also been reduced, resulting in a lighter, more compact camera. It is also IP66 Waterproof Certified.
4. Stylish and compact design
• The camera is available with either a round or square cover, and can be used on an angled mount, a flat mount grooved for wiring, or a tripod mount, to ensure ease of installation in any set-up situation.
*Specifications and external appearance are subject to change without prior notice
Tamron Co., Ltd. Industrial Optics Business Unit New Product Sales & Marketing Dept.
# # #