Contact: Stacie Errera
TAMRON ANNOUNCES 3 MP QUALITY THAT MEETS OR EXCEEDS FULL HD IN BOTH VISIBLE AND NEAR-IR SPECTRUMS
Mega-Pixel/NIR compatible 1/2.7"-format Tele-photo Vari-Focal Lens 8-50mm F/1.6 (Model M13VG850IR)
January 21, 2013, Saitama, Japan - Tamron Co., Ltd. an integrated manufacturer of optical product and a leader in the security market, proudly announced today to release the development of the Model M13VG850IR, a 1/2.7", 8-50mm, F/1.6 tele-photo Vari-Focal lens compatible with 3 mega-pixels with high-image quality in the full visible and near-IR spectrums.
Imaging sensors have increased in pixel density following the need for higher quality images in the security market. Mega-pixel cameras are also being used more commonly for monitoring at night time. Tamron has released the Model M13VG850IR (1/2.7" 8-50mm, F/1.6), which covers frequently used focal ranges, as the telephoto type model of the Tamron mega-pixel NIR series. The model offers ultra-high resolutions of 3 mega-pixels, and can be used under near-IR light conditions without any degradation in performance. The new lens can be used in conjunction with the standard lens Model M13VM288IR / Model M13VG288IR released last year.
1. High Level of optical performance that offers 3 Mega-Pixel compatibility
* XLD lens (Extra Low Dispersion) : Delivers even lower dispersion than existing LD (Low Dispersion) lens elements, using a special glass material with a low dispersion close to that of fluorite lenses. First time with Tamron CS lens, adopting such lens elements.
2. Delivers Mega -Pixel image quality, even under NIR lighting
3. 8-50mm that covers standard tele-photo ranges
4. Wide image circle that is compatible with 1/2.8" and 1/2.7" format sensors
5. Reduction in chromatic aberration for images with no color smear
6. High-precision, high-quality structure designed to maximize performance
7. Offers revolutionary mega-pixel quality while maintaining a compact size
*All design elements and specifications are subject to change without notice.
# # #