- Tamron Lens Line ›
- Experience ›
- Explore ›
- Engage ›
- Express ›
Contact: Laura Craft
New Tamron 18-200mm All-In-One™ Zoom Is The Lightest(1) In The World
High-performance 18-200mm Di II VC (Model B018) lens features
VC image stabilization,
(1) Among 18-200mm interchangeable lenses for APS-C DSLR cameras with O.I.S. (As of July 8, 2015. Source: Tamron)
August 6, 2015, Commack, New York —Tamron Co., Ltd., a leading manufacturer of precision optics, today announces the introduction of a new high-performance lens that zooms from 18 to 200mm for APS-C DSLR cameras. The lens will be available at approximately $249 in the USA in both Canon and Nikon mount starting August 20, 2015. The Sony(2) mount will be introduced at a later date.
The new 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC (Model B018) is the successor to the 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF] MACRO (Model A14), which has been one of Tamron’s best-selling lenses since its introduction 10 years ago. The new 18-200mm VC uses the most modern optical and mechanical design to achieve compactness and high performance. Incorporating image stabilization, the 18-200mm VC delivers superior image quality and is the lightest zoom in its class. Tamron made full use of its long experience and expertise as a pioneering force in high-power zoom lenses to create an optimal all-in-one™ lens that opens up new photographic possibilities to all DSLR camera users.
(2) The Sony mount version does not include VC because Sony DSLR bodies incorporate built-in image stabilization. The name of the Sony mount model is “18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II” without the VC designation.
1. No need to change lenses—shoot in a wide variety of settings, from true wideangle to telephoto, with a single lens
2. Greater portability at a weight of just 14.1 oz.—the lightest lens in its class
3. Features VC and AF, providing valuable support for DSLR camera novices
4. Delivers enhanced imaging performance in a lightweight package
5. Works great as an easy-to-use lens for day-to-day use
(3) VC (Vibration Compensation) is Tamron's proprietary image stabilization mechanism.
"New Eyes for Industry" is Tamron's philosophy. This creed is consistent with the company's position as a comprehensive manufacturer of a wide range of original optical products, from interchangeable lenses for SLR cameras to various optical devices for both the general consumer and OEM. Tamron makes optical products that contribute to a range of different industries and will continue to devote its rich creativity and leading-edge technical prowess to various industrial fields. Furthermore, Tamron is fully aware of its responsibility to the environment and aspires to help preserve the natural environment in all of its business activities. Among its many optical and mechanical innovations since the founding of the company in 1950, Tamron's development of mass-produced hybrid Aspherical elements paved the way for today's compact high power All-In-One™ lenses when, in 1992, this technology was incorporated into the ground-breaking 28-200mm. Tamron continues to lead in this category of lenses with the 18-270mm Di II VC PZD - the world's smallest and lightest 15X All-In-One™ zoom lens featuring Tamron's proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation) system for blur-free hand-held shooting of photos in low light and at telephoto settings and PZD (Piezo Drive) autofocus system for fast and quiet autofocus operation. Tamron's recent SP (Super performance) lens introductions have received accolades and high praise from leading photographic magazines and websites for their outstanding best-in-class performance. Tamron has garnered international acclaim for its extensive line-up of professional and consumer lenses.
Optical Product Line-up:
# # #